Wednesday, May 2, 2012

California!!

I'm going to be in Sacramento in California, US for the next 3 weeks and I just arrived Monday. It was the first time for me to take 3 consecutive flights and man, its tiring! I went from Nice -> London -> Los Angeles -> Sacramento. I left my house at 5.30am and I arrived in Sacramento at 6pm (+9h for the time difference) so basically, I was traveling for almost 22 hours!
I flew British Airways the first two flights and then American and I was very glad that all went smoothly. My first flight was a little late, and I only had an hour to change flights, but there was a BA lady waiting as I got off the plane who gave me this bright orange piece of folded paper to show that I was running late and had to be let through the fast track immigration and security lanes. So I was at the next gate in no time.
Then the flight to LA was supposed to take over 11 hours but the wind was blowing in the right direction and we were told that it would only take 10 hours instead. Score! hehe.
So I had a little more time when I arrived in LAX Airport. I'd been told by a couple of people that it was a really annoying and confusing airport because of the lack of signs and the long customs and security checks. Indeed, there was a very long queue for customs and it turns out, despite the French lady in Nice Airport telling me that my luggage would go directly to Sacramento without having to re-check it, the audio annoucement kept repeating, "All luggages must be collect here and re-checked in after security control. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS."
It was a good thing I'd researched how to get to the different terminals for transfer so I knew where I was going.
And look what I found while waiting for my next flight:


It's a vending machine selling cameras, phones and Nintendo DS'!! Wow to America. haha I'd never seen that one before! 

Also while I was waiting, I got a text from my boyfriend that he was going to pick me up at the airport! But I didn't have any make up on and after all that traveling, you can imagine how my skin looked! :s And because the gate was such a far off place, I couldn't find a nearby toilet, so I had to use Photo Booth on my MacBook! I looked so silly trying to put liquid eye liner 2cm away from my computer screen! haha
Then, the airplane! It was the smallest I'd ever seen! It was smaller than some of the tall men and there were only 3 seats per row! 

Well now I am comfortably arrived in Sacramento and enjoying my holiday in the sun! Hope the weather improves in Monaco too!

No comments:

Post a Comment