Sunday, February 9, 2014

Get your code on!

So thursday evening, I went to an event, "Get your code on", organised by a group called Ladies who Code. It was at Mozilla office in London and they had a very nice office, despite the fact that it was a little small, but then again, it is in central london, in a very nice location so not surprised or complaining :)
There was a presentation by a Senior Engineer at Mozilla (http://soledadpenades.com) about an online gif chat website that she and her friend had created for fun and how it had suddenly become a success within a community and grown beyond their control thanks to many contributors adding to their open source website. (https://chat.meatspac.es)

Then we ordered some pizza started working on projects and getting to know other ladies ;)
I was fortunate to meet very nice people and had a lot of fun so I would definitely go to their event again!


And now I'm working on my own project to create games. I was talking to a couple of developers this weekend and they told me that C++ wasn't necessarily the language they used for games programming and certainly not the only language I should focus on. They told me to look at JS, ObjectiveC for mobile, if not Unity and C#.
So I just found a very nice tutorial for ObjectiveC iOS SpriteKit Tutorial so I wanted to share that with you :)
http://www.raywenderlich.com/42699/spritekit-tutorial-for-beginners
Thanks to the guy who wrote this tutorial, Ray Wenderlich, I am now going to modify it and try to make my own version :)

Have a nice sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment