Monday, April 2, 2012

Cinderella Man, Social Media Marketing

Today, I decided, after a casual conversation in one of my classes to watch the film "CInderella Man" starring Russell Crowe and Renée Zellweger. It was a film about a washed-up boxer in the 1920-30s getting a second chance and winning the world heavy weight championship. Made me tear up towards the end... I am quite easily moved by emotion... 


Another thing that makes me want to tear up is watching figure skating competition. I don't know why but the beauty of the skating, the cold ice, the challenge of the jumps and pressure the skaters have on them... (also the fact that i am a terrible ice skater makes me feel respect for people who can jump around on that thin piece of blade!!) 


The World Figure Skating Competition this year was held in Nice and since Japanese ice skaters are almost always at least in the top 5, Japan is very enthusiastic every year about it. I've been watching the National and World competition for the past 5 or 6 years now and I have become very pro (in my opinion lol) at analyzing the jumps etc. hahaha. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go to the competition, but the rest of my family went and they said it was a great experience :)


The weather today in Monaco was not very nice and it's been forecasted to rain this week. It's a shame because we went to do our Marketing Research project at La Note Bleue restaurant in Larvotto beach but it was so cold and it looked like it could rain, we decided to head back to the university. 


Our project, by the way, is "To determine the effect of Social Media on Consumer Awareness of Hotels". We have to conduct a survey and other data collection methods and write up the findings and analysis as if it was our thesis. Only thing is that we can work in a group, but I spent the whole day today doing some observational research as to which hotels and hotel groups have what kinds of social networking sites. The results are pretty interesting because I predicted that a lot of hotels have Social Networking Sites like Facebook and Twitter, but I never expected so many to have their own channel for YouTube and Blogs! I guess I had undermined the Social Media Marketing blooming within the hotel industry too!

No comments:

Post a Comment